Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 2

Yesterday I started my period.

TMI? Too bad. You're reading an infertility blog.

As instructed, yesterday I called in (which was day 1) and made an appointment for my ultrasound. I cannot tell you how many I've had so far. It's an internal ultrasound and this was the first one Hubster got to see. So all 5 of us... Dr. Man, Hubs, Nurse and Student Doc all took a look at my uterus and my ovaries and my follicles and my hoo-hizzle. I'm telling you guys, it's a party!

After he grabbed some measurements, I got to put my pants back on and was given a list of drugs I'm going to be taking and when to take them all. Everything is very timed and has to be at that exact time.

Nurse taught me how to give myself the injections, while I cried, and then Sperminator shot me up with my first set of drugs.

The one today is not too bad. It is like an epipen so the needle is very small and short, but my other medication is a syringe meaning it will be a bit harder and I'll feel it more. Along with those, I have my pills that I take.

Before we left, the nurse explained to me that the drug company will call and we set up a time and place to meet because everything has to be refrigerated. Don't worry, we already made every joke about drug dealing possible.

Now the fun really begins! Experimenting with hormones to find the right cocktail and hoping everything works as planned.

The ultrasound wand also known as the "Dildo Cam"
Courtesy of a fellow infertile.

No comments:

Post a Comment