Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Good and The Bad

The good news so far is that I am responding to the drugs. Also, Hubbie's swimmies  came back at 49 million versus the 6 million from last time. Doc was blown out of the water the progress we are making! The bad is that since I responded too well, we had to scrap this cycle. I don't want to be the next Octo-mom. We will continue to experiment with the drugs. Which, by the way, I can now give myself the shots. It's pretty scary at first but after you fo it once it gets easier. My injection site is getting a bit bruised and I'm starting to bleed there so I'll move from injecting my leg to injecting my stomach.

When I went in for my ultrasound today, it showed my ovaries the size of softballs. Normally, they are about the size of a greek olive. Because of this, I'm pretty bloated and I am definitely feeling that they are there! I'm too excited about my period next month as it will be worse than usual and they are not ever a walk in the park for me. Next month I'll be releasing about 12 eggs instead of 1 because of the medications I've been on. Oof...

Even though we are on the right track, we still aren't out of the woods. Since my fertility is going downhill fast, we have made the decision that we will probably skip the IUI altogether and just do IVF. This way we can cryofreeze my eggs so we can have more than one baby. We can also control the situation more.

Yesterday I had to fill in my Supervisor at work about IVF. I've been doing really well with being able to schedule ultrasounds around work, but things are going to get a bit more intense so I needed to tell him (yes, him) about it so he would be more understanding needing to come in a few minutes late or missing days for recovery. It was pretty awkward telling a 30 year old single guy you and your husband are doing IVF and then it becomes even more awkward when he doesn't know what that is and so you have to explain it to him... even when it's the very basics! He totally blushed...

Next month we are adjusting the meds as well as starting birth control. I know that sounds pretty counter productive, but this way we can control my body and make it do what we want when we want it. The next few weeks we won't have any new news, but I am so happy to have the ball rolling.

2 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME Erica!!!! Woohoo for progress!! Before I knew you were doing this- I saw you fb post about the free IVF and I thought: intravenous fluid, why would she want that? haha Poor boss wishes he wouldn't've asked. But- GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great news! Exciting! Will keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete