Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Human Experimentation.

Glucose drink. At least I got Fruit Punch which I've heard is better than Orange.

As for now, we're still getting all of our diagnostic testing done and trying not to  get too down on this whole "chances are looking pretty slim, we're going to have to try really hard, only have 1-2 years, body thinks your 42/menopause" thing until everything is conclusive.

Today I went in to get a crap-load of blood work done. They tested my 17-OH Progesterone LCMS, Insulin, Glucose, Androslenedione, my Metabolic Panel (14 things in that), DHEA-Sulfate, a Lipid Panel, Prolactin,  Testosterone (Free and Total), TSH and then something else that was added last minute but I don't know what it was.

*Kudos to you if you want all of those are for/do.

For glucose, they take your blood right away, then have you drink a super sugary drink, take blood an hour later, then again in another hour. (Baseline, 1 hour, 2 hour)

When I went in for my baseline, the girl was not very nice. She tried twice on one arm and could get barely any which was not enough for all the tubes I had to fill. Because she needed more blood, she tried the other arm which filled up quicker. While the tubes were filling, I started feeling really lightheaded and nauseous and clammy... the works. Maybe I should mention at this point that I have a history of passing out when giving blood, not because of the blood, but because my weight can't handle the amount usually taken (so I've been told).

An hour later, I had another lady. This time I laid down, directed her to my left arm, butterfly needle please and did much better.

Left
Right





*I bruise pretty easily, and these are already purple/blue/green.




The last time was the easiest. Yet another girl took my blood. Again I laid down, asked her to use my left arm and butterfly needle, and she talked to me while she inserted the needle so I was distracted.

I'm really hoping that these results come back better than the last ones. I have one more test, the one where they inject the lady parts with dye to make sure nothing is blocked and then the husband is up. We're really hoping his little swimmers are a lot like Michael Phelps because that would put us with 1 piece of good news and hopefully improve our chances.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment