Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 14, 2012

The Very Beginning.

It's pretty much decided that we cannot have a baby with out the help of Modern Medicine.

Someday, hopefully, we will have a wee-one which will be what I like to call, a Science Baby.

It all started about a year ago. The Mister and I decided that we were ready to have a baby. So, we pulled the goalie and waited to see what happened. A few months went by and no baby. Now we started "trying". You know, trying to calculate when to do "the deed", sticking my legs in the air, pillow under the hips, the whole nine yards and still nothing.

Finally, a friend came out about the infertility she and her husband were experiencing and offered up if anyone had any questions to just ask so I took her for her offer and asked. That's when she recommended the Dr. Mister and I made an appointment and saw the "Baby Making Doctor". First day went well. We talked about my history, my family history and then Hubster's history and family history. He said that since we were both young and in pretty good shape that the problem may be low Estrogen and my endometriosis, so to do some diagnostic testing, start the Clomid and go from there. We did one blood test that day, but I'm still due for more. At this point he was pretty hopeful.

*Side note: First day of Clomid and I'm already having side effects. Mood swings and HOT flashes!*

The next day I went in for an internal ultrasound. Not the most pleasant experience of my life, but neither is the Gyno! Hubster was unable to come because he had to work and we both thought it would be a pretty simple appointment and we wouldn't get much information from the Baby Maker.

As it goes, my ovaries are teeny tiny, one has zero follicles and the other has 4-5. Now women my age usually have 6-8 follicles in each ovary. Next problem, my uterine lining is really thin... the thinnest he's ever seen. Fan-freaking-tastic. and last but certainly not least, my eggs and the rest of the lady parts are acting as if they are 42, which I am no where near!

I left pretty disappointed.

Later that evening we got a phone call. From the Doc. Which usually means bad news. And of course, it was.

He said that getting me empregnito is going to pretty difficult. Not only because all of thee above, but also because the numbers that came back from the lab were all bad. Bad news turns into awful news when so early in the game all your numbers and all your tests come back badly. For example, my FHS levels should be between 6-8. The higher the number usually indicates that the person is older. 25 is Menopause and 12 is age 38. My FSH was a 12.9. No bueno. Because my FSH is already so high, the Clomid will most likely have no effect... besides the side effects. Doc says Early Menopause may be a factor which is funny because my family history has no Early Menopause or Infertility.

I'm just lucky I guess.

Because of all this he is suggesting much more aggressive treatment. As in shots, which I realize is common in the Land of Infertility, but I have a really hard time with needles and shots.

Tomorrow morning I go in for more blood labs which will help give more conclusive numbers.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment