Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Leaving Work

Last week, I quit my full time job. I had just been out for a week getting my tonsils out, and even though I felt like I wanted die, I was happy.

I was so happy I didn't have to work. Truth is, I hadn't been happy there for a long time. See, when I do something, I do it well and I am the best at it. So when I'm not good at something or the best at it and I've already worked really hard and I know that trying harder still won't get me there I quit.

I was not doing well there. I had voiced some complaints to my managers a few times and nothing changed. Most of all, though, I knew that I wasn't healthy. I was stressed, I felt bad about myself all the time, I was emotional, I was not the happy person that I am... all in all I was not myself and I saw it and saw the way it was hurting relationships.

Hubs and I knew something was wrong at this point and that we were going to need help. And this kind of help is not something you can plan for. It's so very time sensitive that sometimes you need to go in that day, and with my full time job I just couldn't do that.

All in all I knew that the best thing for us to do was for me to quit that job. Get something part time that be much more manageable with fertility treatments. It would take off the stress and the unhappiness I was experiencing.

I told my manager that I would be leaving and he told the department head, even though that was my job.

By the time I got to tell him, he was already mad. I was definitely not going to explain anything about infertility to him so I gave him the generic "I have some personal and health issues that I need to take care of." Of course I also told him I had some frustrations with the way things were going for me due to my lack achieving goals as well as co-workers. He tossed my "personal and health" issues to the side and kept saying "well, you didn't come talk to me" or had an excuse to backlash at me about the company.

Our conversation was about two minutes long and he kept saying "I need to go work out".

Really?

I gave him my two weeks notice which he told me "not to bother coming back in. No point."

I left upset. Mostly because he didn't care why I was leaving. Seemed very selfish to me the fact he couldn't see that this was more than just leaving his workplace. I always try to leave things on a good note with whatever it is, but this time it was bad. It was really really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment