Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Waiting.

We are still waiting on a call from the Doctor Man to tell us about the results of my blood labs or to make an appointment to talk about them, I had them taken two weeks ago which makes me a little nervous. Hubster and I aren't sure how long they were supposed to take, but if we don't hear back by Tuesday afternoon, we'll give them a call.

Waiting, I have to say, is almost worse than getting the bad news.

Today as I was scanning through Facebook I saw a picture of a girl I knew from college holding a baby and the caption said "After 8 months of pregnancy, I'm finally baby hungry." I'm hoping she just worded it wrong, (unlikely) but it made me feel that she was ungrateful for her growing baby.

Really? You are just now excited to be having a baby? Don't you know how badly some people want this and you are just finally baby hungry?

I'm trying to not take things like that to heart and try to see from their perspective, but it really is difficult. Like when you show your excitement new preggers and they seem so put off by this baby because it was accident. Nothing makes me more upset than accidental babies that aren't appreciated.

I was talking to my husband a few nights ago and couldn't describe the way I was feeling. The best way I was able to put it was that I don't want people to feel sorry for us. I want them to see that we are going through a rough time and be more sensitive with what they say and beyond that, I want them to appreciate their kids that they were able to have. Whether these kids got here on accident, on purpose, through medical intervention, whatever.

You did it! You have a miracle. Go kiss them and squeeze and tell them how much you love them right now. Don't take it for granted, because you want something so much more when you may not ever get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment